Monday, May 2, 2011
two pink lines
Josh and I have been anxiously awaiting the day to find out that we are pregnant. It has been a 14 month long journey and well worth the wait, although I did not see it as so at the time. Josh and I were doing everything we thought necessary to have a baby. We cut back/ cut out on drinking, I slowed down my intake of caffeine, I charted everything on the calendar and numerous other things in hope of creating a baby. But there was one thing that we had not changed, our relationship with God. We began going back to church at the middle of March, I had posted about our experience. We loved it, the second time we went I was distraught over yet another month of not being pregnant. I couldn't focus on anything, but the one thing I did hear from the pastor was,"God wants Jesus to have brothers and sisters...." I couldn't tell you anything else that was said. I sat there and cried my eyes out. After the service we met with one of the church's prayer partners, we explained to him how it has been a struggle for us to have a baby and that we have realized WE have done all we can and now it was time to turn it all over to God. We prayed, for God to have his way with giving us a baby on HIS time an not ours. On Easter Sunday, we were blessed with the news that we are having a baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm so excited for yall! you will be amazing parents! congratulations :)
ReplyDelete