Monday, August 8, 2011

ava's christmas stocking

I began working on Ava's Christmas stocking in June. I have done cross-stitching before, when I was a little girl. My mom cross-stitched our stockings, so it is like a tradition that as a mother I felt should be carried on. My mom had a theme with our stockings: teddy bears. David's stocking has 3 bears in a gingerbread house like scene. My stocking has one bear on a rocking horse surrounded by presents. Alex's is covered in tons of bears and Adam's has a boy sleeping, holding a teddy bear. I decided to do a theme with snowmen. After searching all over the internet to find a stocking that wasn't to complicated and that was suited for a girl or a boy, Josh and I finally agreed on one: Trimming the tree. I have been spending majority of all of my free time working on her stocking especially now that she may be here for Christmas. Not that she will know, but I will.

Here is the progress so far:

I have to complete 2.5 more snowmen, the top decoration, Ava's name and all of the outlining. Then it will be ready to be sewn into a stocking!

1 comment: