Tuesday, December 20, 2011

39 weeks with a trip to the hospital

Ava is holding strong to staying with mommy. Last week I went to the Dr., Ava was measuring the same size and it was the first time that I stepped onto the scale without seeing an increase in weight. I am holding steady at a weight gain of 24 lbs. I had dilated to 2 cm and was beginning to thin out. He said he would put his money on Ava arriving on Thursday, December 22nd. On Friday evening I began to loose my mucous plug, which was exciting and scary at the same time. Early Monday morning around 2:30 I started to have mild contractions and they got strong enough to where I was unable to sleep. I came into the living room and sat on the couch to see if sitting helped them go away. I started timing the contractions at 3:07 the were coming every 3-5 minutes and lasting 40-60 seconds each. I called the Dr. that was on call or rather woke him up and he had instructed me to go ahead and come in. We arrived at the hospital a little after 6:00 am. I was hooked up to monitors and was able to listen to Ava's heartbeat (that sound never gets old). After an hour of laying there they came to check on me and I had not dilated or thinned out anymore. I was at 2cm 50% effaced. They then instructed me to walk around the hospital for an hour. After this they checked me yet again... no progress. They assured me that I was having contractions and they were at least 5 minutes apart but they weren't strong enough to make a difference. They informed me that I was in what they call the early stage of labor, which could last a couple hours or a week. I was discharged, we came home and crashed. The contractions slowed and I had a few sporadic ones last night. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow in hopes of hearing that I have made some progress. The Lord will present her when he knows the time is right. Josh and I are learning the value of patience. I am only going to have to be uncomfortable for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment