Thursday, March 24, 2011

just waiting

             It is very hard to wait for something you want so bad, that one thing that you feel is missing. Just waiting for the day for it to arrive. But Josh and I have become semi-pros at this game, or so I think. We have been through the 4 years of  waiting for college to be over, we were engaged 2 years before getting married(which felt like a lot of waiting, to me) and have been patiently waiting for Josh to be accepted to grad school. When we get frustrated with waiting for anything we can usually get the other one out of whatever funk they are in. I believe we have a very strong relationship, we understand each others feelings and react accordingly. During the past year we have encountered some new feelings and a new waiting game. What has made this past year different? What have we been waiting for? Children. I never knew trying to create a family could be so challenging.
             Over this past year, we have learned a lot about our dreams and desires for the future and that children will be a part of it, when God is ready. But while he creates the plans I will wait and attempt to do it patiently.

To our future children,
      There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of you
      There is not a moment that goes by that I do not pray for you
      I can't wait to show you all the wonderful things that life has to offer
      I can't wait to see your face, kiss your cheeks and rock you to sleep
      I promise to always be there for you even if I don't understand you
      I promise to always be your mother and support all of your dreams
      I just want you to know that you are always wanted
      I just want you to know I will wait for you, always

No comments:

Post a Comment