Monday, September 12, 2011

nursery update

I guess you could say I have entered the phase of nesting. It started 2 weeks ago when Josh left on a Saturday morning to go study with a friend. I decided that this was a great opportunity to get some cleaning done. Well, some cleaning turned into massive cleaning. So much so that by the time Josh returned home I was scrubbing all of the base boards and door frames in the apartment. Last weekend, (Labor Day weekend) I recruited Josh friend, Brent, to help with painting Ava's room. It is gorgeous!

This weekend, we went to Target to return a couple of items and decided to check out the baby section to see if there were any good sales going on. We stumbled upon a huge clearance rack, of course everything was for summer. Ava will be 6 months around June/July, so we dug for 6 month sizes. Everything we found for her was marked down to $1.12. We got 2 tank tops, 1 onesie, 1 pair of jean shorts, 1 pair of khaki shorts, 1 pair of pink shorts with ruffles on the butt, 1 pink ruffle skirt and 1 dress. It was so cute to see Josh get excited about little girls clothes.

 After loading our arms with clothes. We thought we would check out their rugs. hoping to find one we liked. We have been looking for a rug but we aren't at the desperate state yet. As we headed down the aisle there it was! Marked down to $24 and the perfect size for the space.

Could it get any better? Sure! I wanted to check out their curtains as well. Just to see how easy it would be to get green curtains that matched her bedding. We found great ones. They were about $17 a panel, however they are the Eclipse curtains. Eclipse curtains block out more light, keeps the room cool and also decrease outside noise. Perfect for her room. The sun sets into Ava's room and her room also faces the main road. Overall, a very successful weekend!

Close-up of the curtains

The wall of A's and our absolutely adorable lamp from Hobby Lobby marked down by 50%

1 comment: