Monday, September 26, 2011

pumpkin cravings and a jab to the ribs


A craving has finally hit me. Pumpkin. Pumpkin anything.... pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cheesecake. You name it I will probably want it.

Speaking of pumpkins, I feel like I am carrying one in my tummy. Although people say I am still small, I feel big. I am now 27 weeks, its amazing to think that in 3 short months Ava will be here. She is moving all the time, especially when I lay down and gets her groove on to the music at church. Which means I need to lay down in the bed a good half hour before I want to go to sleep or her dancing moves keep me up. Sleeping has become uncomfortable. I am was a tummy sleeper now I have to sleep on my side and average about 4 trips to the bathroom a night. Ava is sitting very low and I usually feel all of her pokes, jabs and kicks lower than my hips. On Sunday, she was experimenting and jabbed me good in the ribs but returned quickly to her normal position. I guess she is debating on whether or not she is ready to be head down. I go to the Dr. on Friday and get to have my gestational diabetes test. I am really not looking forward to the scale. At this point I have gained around 10 lbs. and am slowly but surely realizing that it is o.k.

Josh is doing really well adjusting to school and is enjoying it. He has already had 2 tests and reads constantly. I told him he could read to Ava, then I decided that his readings are really not that interesting to me so no to school reading materials. He talks to Ava a lot and usually ends up getting hit in the face a couple times. Her love taps make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment